PR &Marketing Manager (1 post)
Kairuki Hospital (KH) formerly known as Mission Mikocheni Hospital is one of the leading private hospitals in Tanzania. The hospital is owned by Mission Mikocheni Health and Education Network (MMHEN), a Tanzania Non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). KH also serves as the teaching hospital for Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU).
JOB TITLE: PR &Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director General
DUTY STATION: Dar Es salaam
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
To assist the Director General (DG) in ensuring that all public relations and marketing matters are executed. Required to secure new clients,develop marketing promotional budgets, planning and supervising patient satisfaction surveys, conducting market research and marketing feasibility studies, writing market reports and developing newsletters and supervising the brochures, fliers and other promotional materials. In addition to those functions, PR & Marketing Manager will be responsible for securing of new clients, monitoring and updating of hospital website, auditing of Public Address (PA) System and TV network programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage an effective, efficient and productive Marketing Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed.
2. Provide significant input into the annual marketing plan, specifically: sales forecasts for each product (taking into consideration past history, market trends, competitive activity and required sales effort), allocation of expenses between products (taking into consideration stage in product life cycle, potential for future growth and profit contribution, potential competitors), required sales promotion programmes (taking into consideration marketing strengths relative to competitors, selling opportunities and customers needs and attitudes) and the marketing materials needed to accomplish the goals.
3. Develop Disease Management analyses of therapeutic areas of relevance, and strategic assessments of the company’s products in the Tanzania/Dar es Salaam market.
4. Form informal networks with company senior management, updating them on a regular basis on developments within Marketing, and working with them on cross-functional projects.
5. Develop ongoing liaison with key opinion leaders, insurance companies including the National Health Insurance Fund, patient support groups and other healthcare organizations to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored.
6. Work in conjunction with the medical department and Clinical Research Manager/Medical Director to develop programmes to support marketing.
7. Provide assistance with preparation of submissions to regulatory agencies, tender boards and hospital formularies.
8. Ensure effective team communication throughout the marketing department through the application of suitable reporting systems and structures and the identification and provision of appropriate training.
9. Coaching of Product Managers and Marketing Associates in various aspects of management (eg HR issues, budgets, resource allocation).
10. Financial management of the marketing programme including budget planning, resource allocation and preparation of quarterly reports.
11. Management of hospital Websites and Public Address System & TV Network programming.
12. Maintenance of hospital clients Database
13. Facilitate preparation of hospital calendars ,Diaries and promotional materials
Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA–preferably with a specialization in Healthcare Management) or equivalent business degree from a recognized university, Minimum of 4-5 years marketing experience in reputable organizations including 3 years in senior management roles.Interpersonal communication and writing skills and comprehensive knowledge of health care market.
Application Process and Deadline
Candidates meeting the criteria are invited to submit applications, consisting of a cover letter, academic certificates & testimonials and current curriculum vitae with relevant experience including the names and contact details of three referees and possible start date to : HR Department, Kairuki Hospital. And by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th September, 2015.
Attractive salary will be paid to successful applicant depending on the qualifications and experience.